Some of the ingredients in the list may not be readily available at your supermarket, they can be purchased online at Amazon, or I also listed substitutions.
This is meant to mix up so it is on hand to change up your easy week night dinners.
You can make up a batch and easily store the dried herbs in an air tight container or in a zip lock bag with the extra air removed.
- 1/2 cup dried dill
- 3 TBS dried Minced Onion
- 1 TBS Lemon peel or zest
- 2 TBS freeze-dried Ginger or Ginger Powder
- 1 TBS freeze-dried Celery or you can use 1/2 TBS celery salt (just reduce the Kosher Salt by 1 TBS)
- 1/2 TBS Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp fresh Ground black pepper
- 2 TBS Kosher Salt
MIX all in a food process and pulse to combine. If you don’t have one, that is ok. The food processor turns this more into a powder which in this case I like better. But it works just fine mixing the ingredients in a bowl.
Good on seafood (salmon), poultry with fresh lemon juice squeezed on during cooking.
Tzatziki / Raita Dip
- 2 TBS Dill spice blend (from above)
- 16 oz Plain Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3 Scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup english cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
Combine all in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Stir, tasted and adjust with more seasoning if necessary.
Have fun experimenting. Check out this page for additional Spice Ideas and Links