Some of the ingredients in the list may not be readily available at your supermarket, they can be purchased online at Amazon, or I also listed substitutions.
This is a great base for a salad dressing, flavored soy sauce for sushi or meat dipping. You can make up a batch and easily store the dried herbs in an air tight container or in a zip lock bag with the extra air removed. Also, if you make up the dressing or seasoned dipping sauce, you can store this for a while as it does not contain any perishable items.
- 2 TBS toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 TBS orange peel or zest
- 3 TBS freeze-dried ginger or ginger powder
- 3 TBS freeze-dried spring onion mix or dried onion flakes
- 2 TBS dried bell peppers (can omit if you do not have them)
- 1 tsp Shichimi Togerashi or ½ tsp red pepper powder
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp granulated garlic powder
MIX all in a bowl and toss to combine.
For a quick salad dressing:
Combine in a glass jar with a lid, and shake well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. For a thicker dressing, you can add 1/2 TBS honey. Adding sliced scallions is a good touch as well.
For a quick dipping sauce:
- 1/2 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 TBS of the above Asian blend
Combine in a glass jar with a lid, and shake well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Adding sliced scallions is a good touch as well.
Have fun experimenting.
Check out this page for additional Spice Ideas and Links